8th edition of the ITA Tunnelling Awards
Since 2015, the international competition "the ITA Tunnelling and Underground Space Awards" seeks and rewards the most ground-breaking innovation and outstanding projects in tunnelling and underground construction.
Through 8 categories, this competition aims to identify the most important ongoing underground works and technologies that help cities change and enable habits and ways of life to evolve in order to build smart and sustainable urban areas.
Entries can be submitted in 8 categories: Nominations for the following categories must contain projects for which the major civil engineering work was completed between 1st March 2019 and 1st April 2022. The Young Tunneller of the Year rewards an individual born after 1st January 1986 and who has brought an outstanding contribution to tunnelling.
ITA AWARDS 2022 CATEGORIES:
- Major Project of the Year (over €500M)
- Project of the Year (between €50M and €500M)
- Project of the Year (up to 50M€) including renovation
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering – Making underground works projects even better
- Product/Equipment Innovation of the Year
- Innovative Underground Spaces
- Young Tunneller of the Year